Calisthenics Association WA takes the safety of our members seriously.
For this reason, we are monitoring advice from the WA Department of Health regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on a regular basis.
That current advice dictates that we be alert, but not alarmed.
If that advice changes and stronger restrictions are applied we will alert our members to what this means for participation and our competitions.
In the meantime, all members of the Calisthenics community can play a part in reducing the spread of COVID-19 by doing the following:
- Staying home and seeking medical attention if you become unwell (with the COVID-19 symptoms of fever, flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and headaches, and/or difficulty breathing) AND:
- You have travelled or transited through a country or region that is at higher risk of COVID-19 transmission (e.g. mainland China, Iran, the Republic of Korea or Italy) in the last 14 days OR
- You have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Contacting the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 if you suspect you may have COVID-19 symptoms or may have had close contact with a person who has COVID-19.
- Staying home from training and competitions if unwell.
- Practising good hand hygiene and sneeze/cough etiquette. This includes:
- Frequently washing your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or using an alcohol-based hand gel.
- Refraining from touching mouth and nose.
- If coughing or sneezing, covering your nose and mouth with a paper tissue or flexed elbow – dispose of the tissue immediately after use and perform hand hygiene.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone if you, or they, have cold or flu-like symptoms (maintain a distance of at least 1 metre).
It is also worth reading through all the information about COVID-19 on the WA Department of Health website here.