Welcome to Calisthenics WA
Cr Mick Wainwright – Mayor, City of Swan
Mrs Lorraine Morrison
Mrs Lorraine Young
Calisthenics is widely practiced in Australia and is recognised as a fun and healthy way to keep fit for children of all ages. It is a uniquely Australian sport which requires discipline of mind and body, team work, a competitive spirit and a sense of responsibility.
Calisthenics, whose roots lie in games originating in Ancient Greece, is the combination of Gymnastics, Ballet, Folk Dance, Jazz Ballet, Apparatus (Clubs and Rods), Figure Marching, Mime and Singing, Its assets are many, involving many thousands of young children across the country, improving their health and deportment and widening their musical knowledge. They are learning to appreciate the cultures of other ethnic groups and are adding to their skills by the use of apparatus, enjoying the mental and physical stimulation of a figure march and the discipline of working as part of a team.
“ To promote healthy, physical, mental and social involvement of Calisthenics to the Western Australian community”.
Summary of Values
1. Supporting and encouraging all members to develop and perform to the best of their ability.
2. Foster an environment whereby the physical and emotional needs of all members are paramount.
3. Equality of all members and potential members.
4. All operations are transparent whilst still respecting privacy issues.
5. Promoting consideration, respect, good sportsmanship at all levels of Calisthenic involvement.
6. Constantly evaluation and meeting the changing needs of our customer base.
7. Managing at all levels with integrity, acceptance of goals, trust, solidarity.
8. Making consultative decisions for the majority.
9. Promoting a lifestyle that is not only healthy, but also drug and smoke free.